Thursday, October 8, 2015

Is this real life?

No shit, swear to God, this conversation just happened.

S:
“Hey Jeremy, will you be able to join the VPN call tomorrow night?”


J (ME):
“What’s the VPN call?”


S:
[goes in search of paper – reads verbatim]  “FWAM iVPN solution for CRC”


J:
“I don’t know what that is.”


S:
“[P] said you’d be able to join to be available for testing.”


J:
“I don’t mind joining, but as I don’t know what I’ll be testing, nor what’s changing, I don’t know that I’ll be able to help much.”


S:
“They just want someone available to make sure they can still connect to [app] and [app] after the VPN change.”


J:
“I don’t have access to the portal through which they would connect to those applications, so I really won’t be able to test that.”


S:
“I’m not sure.  Will you be able to join?”


J:
*likely audible sigh* “Sure.”


S (Email to Client):
Declined: FW: FWAM iVPN solution for CRC

Hi [S2],

Can you forward this to [J] at CRC? He will be able to be online.

Thanks, [S]


J:
[thinking] You forwarded me and the organizer your declination of the meeting asking her to forward me the meeting.  You could have forwarded me the meeting.  Instead, you declined it, forwarded her BACK your declination COPYING me on it, ASKING HER to forward it to me.


S2 -> J:
[FW: FWAM iVPN solution for CRC]  (9pm Friday – 1am Saturday)


J:
9pm to 1am to test something that I can’t test and for which I don’t have any details to assist in any necessary troubleshooting.  Nice.


L:
CRC –

We’ve forwarded the meeting to [J], but [C] was also invited.  Will both of you guys be joining?  Who is doing the Telenet/ping?  This ping is what was discussed on Monday’s call.

 Just want to be sure we have all bases covered.

 Please advise.

Thanks,

[L]
J:
PING. 9pm to 1am to PING.  *definitely audible sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment