Monday, June 11, 2007

Like a day off!

Wow, sunday was a beast. We had about 12-15 people over at the house out in the yard doing yard work, inside doing house work. Laura's uncle installed some celing fan's (he's an electrician, and actually had to run the wires to the switches and cut holes in the ceilings of the 2 rooms). My dad helped out with locks, and cutting down a gigantic bush with a chain saw. A ton of people helped out with yard work, and a bunch more hleped out inside.

Still more fun, I got to break in the new grill. We fired it up and cooked 12 burgers, and about 15 hot dogs. (not all at the same time) Worked well though. I finished getting all the new locks put on the doors, and I got the new kitchen faucet installed. I patched most of the holes, tightened the railing on the front porch, we tore down the defunct swingset in the back yard. Granny got that a bunch of that ugly ass wall-paper down from the master bathroom, and Ellen got a lot of the grass cut.

The grass is thick as hell in the yard, and it's that nasty clumpy kind too, so it's hard to cut. Her lawn mower kept cutting off, so she only got about half of it done. My boss at work is going to give me one that he had that stopped working. He dropped it off with someone to get it fixed, so as soon as that's done, hopefully I'll snag that from him. HOPEFULLY it'll be this week so that I can finish cutting the grass, because having HALF the yard cut looks kinda funny. Though, it is the half of the yard that's visible from the street, so it makes it look way better than it did.

Laura and her aunt and my mom and several others tore up a bunch of the bushes, weeds, and spider grass from the front yard lining the driveway and side walk. That improved the look of the front of the house dramatically. Anyway, sunday was a crazy day. Today, we didn't do ANYTHING, and it was good. Nice and relaxing.

Also, http://www.lunarwars.net

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment