Friday, November 20, 2009

Gym!

So, for three of the last four mornings, I've woken up at about 6:30. I've crawled out of bed, dragged myself into the bathroom, splashed some water on my face, gotten dressed, and headed out the door. Once the brisk morning air has hit, and I've remembered why I'm standing outside of my house at ungodly hours of the morning, I've crawled into my car, and driven in a half fog to the YMCA. Thankfully, the path to the Y from my house is less than a half of a mile, and only requires a couple of turns in the car.

I guess I'm certainly not a morning person. I've forced myself to get up and dragged myself into the gym because I've felt that it's really the only part of my weight loss plan that has been much more plan than action. I haven't been doing a lot when I get there, but I've been doing much more than I would be doing if I were still lying in bed, drooling on my pillow, willing the sun to stay down for just a few more minutes.

This morning (and each other morning), I've hit up the treadmills. This morning, I made it about 1.5 miles in around 23 minutes. No, that's not a very fast pace, but it feels sufficient to me, that early in the morning, in the shape that I'm currently in. I work up a decent sweat walking more than running, and I am plenty awake by the time I'm done. It gives me more energy for the day and actually makes me feel like I've accomplished something.

I said I'd made it 3 out of 4 days, and the day that I didn't go, I could honestly tell a difference in the way I felt.

I sure do hope to make it a habit and keep up the trend, because I feel like exercise is almost as important as diet to my health.

No comments:

Post a Comment