Sunday, November 8, 2009

Weight Loss for Dummies

So, I've been trying (once again, as seems to be a common trend in my life) to lose some weight. Since I was Dx with Diabetes, I've NEEDED to lose a bit of weight so as to help with the blood sugars, and to help my body get over some of the Insulin Resistance that's there now.

Granted, my sugars have been doing fine, and I've been losing weight, but it is NOT coming off quickly enough for my liking. I've been reading quite a bit on the Atkins stuff lately, because Low Carbing is a good way to keep blood sugars in check as well. I was trying to follow the "Induction" phase for a while, but it's just out of my reach. That involves eating only 20g of carbohydrates per day.

Take a look at the nutrition information on anything that you're eating. A serving of chips has more than 20g of carbs. No, I don't eat chips anymore.

Anyway, that's just balls hard. I've lost maybe about 30 pounds from my heaviest weight, which, I'm happy about. That's no small matter, granted. However, it's not enough. I was up to 285 lbs at one point. I'm around 6'2", so that's not AWFUL, but it is creeping up into the "obese" category. I've lost down to around 255 now, but I'd LOVE to lose back down to around 200. We'll see how it goes, but it sure does seem to be a tough thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment