Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Dinner with Granny

So, Laura and I went to her Granny's tonight for dinner. It was quite good. She made us some pot roast with carrots and potatoes, with cabbage and beets (neither of which I ate) on the side.

Laura's having her granny make her wedding dress, and so she's started making one as sort of a "test" now. Laura tried it on tonight, and she was absolutely stunning. I can't wait to see her in the real thing.

--

I figured in the next few posts, I'd try to put in quite a bit of info just so that those of you who may not have heard from me recently can catch up and find out a little about me through posts.

I said last night that Laura and I were living in an apartment now. We're right outside of short pump. For those of you familiar with the area, we're right past the short pump mall heading west on 250. It's a really nice area, in my opinion. I guess since I was originally from a small town, but I've been raised pretty much here since I was about 6, I've grown really accustomed to having everything really near us.

We are about a 5 minute drive from just about anything we want to get to. If we head out of the parking lot and take a left, we've got gas, movies, stores, the mall, ukrop's (or 3), there are 3 starbucks within 5 minutes of the apartment, my mom's house is right near here too... basically everything. On the other hand, if we take a left, we head out into the sticks. There's fields, trees, forests, and lots of open roads to take a spin on. I'm still driving the ac' (integra), and I still love it.

Anyway, I used to always say that I couldn't really picture myself living here in short pump for the rest of my life, but I think that I probably will be. And I really do enjoy it. We're going to be looking for a house sometime coming up, probably starting this year sometime. We have to be out of the apartment by August of 07 as we have it worked out right now which will give us a few months after the wedding to get everything in order, find a house, and get all the payment stuff situated. The big thing is saving up for it. Ugh, talk about expensive. I think the average price of homes around here is around $400,000, the cheapest thing that we'd consider living in is around 200k. It's insane.

So, that's about it for now. More tomorrow! Or later tonight! Or whenever I get around to it. How's everyone else doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment